Six Things To Consider When Getting Your First Guitar
There are a lot of musical instruments that a person can get their hands on. One of the most popular of these instruments is the guitar. It is an easy instrument to master and it is mostly recommended for beginners.
But you cannot simply buy a guitar just like that. You have to know what you are looking for in a guitar. Here are some things you should consider before you get yourself your very own guitar.
1. Size – Guitars come in various sizes. There are large guitars for large people and small ones for small people. When you go out and get a guitar, it is advised that you hold each guitar you are choosing. This will help you determine if you will have any difficulty using it.
Remember, the size of the guitar does not determine its sound so make sure that you are comfortable with its size so that you will not have any difficulty playing it.
2. Wood – Certain guitars are crafted in different kinds of wood. The kind of wood it is made of will help determine its life span. This means that the better the wood it is made out of, the longer the guitar will last. Not only will it last longer, but the wood it is made out of will help battle the elements. This means the better the wood, the better the survival rate of the guitar.
3. Strings – Although most guitars come with generic strings, there are also guitars that come without strings. This is where you will have to decide on what kind of strings you will get for your guitar. In this particular stage, you will have to choose between steel strings or nylon. The type of strings you will choose for your guitar will greatly affect the kind of music you will be making.
4. Kind – There are different kinds of guitars you can choose from. It is strongly encouraged though that beginners start with the classical guitar as they will be learning the basics. For more advanced musicians, there is the option of the electric guitar, which is widely used in the music industry.
The difference between the two is not that great except for the fact that the electric guitar can add effects on the sound that it produces. So be sure to get a classical guitar if you are starting out or get an electric guitar if you want to take a shot at the big time.
5. Accessories – Accessories are really not a big issue when you are starting out but these really help in the making of the music. For instance, having a guitar pick will help you pluck the strings a bit easier and will also greatly modulate the music you are making. So when you are going to get a guitar, make sure you get the right accessories for it.
6. Case – A case is necessary since you will not be using you guitar every single day. It is strongly advised that you get a hard case as it gives the best protection for your guitar while in storage or in transport.
These are just some things you should consider before getting your first guitar.